It’s day 30 and my body and mind feel great. In the past few days I’ve been asked quite a few times what I’m going to eat first or what I’m looking forward to eating when my whole30 is complete; and the answer is, well, nothing.
There isn’t anything right now that I can think of that’s worth breaking this great feeling for. Now that isn’t to say that I won’t break it at some point, of course I will, when I find something that’s totally worth it. And trust me I will enjoy the hell out of it.
But I’m not going to eat something tomorrow just because I can.
I know I will wake up feeling as great as today and my aim is to feel this way the majority of the time, because it’s worth it, and enjoy treats occasionally, because they’re worth it.
This has to be one of the most liberating and empowering feelings I can think of, I feel in control of my health and wellness and I know that if I ever feel like I’m losing control again, I have a tool to get me back here.
What I’ve learnt/solidified in round 3
- Health comes from a way of life, not from ‘dieting’ Whole30 changed my life not because I lost weight in 30 days and am now somehow I’m set for life, but rather because it has taught me healthy habits to sustain a healthy lifestyle. I don’t see the need to ever ‘diet’ again.
- Whole30 cannot fix everything Food is a very important factor in (my) life but it won’t fix everything. It can’t change your environmental or a stressful situation you’re in. While food and nutrition it is the foundation, it isn’t everything.
- Blogging once a day is totally possible Not that I intend to continue as I think it’s been a bit overkill:) But if I can blog once a day for 30days I can certainly keep this up weekly/bi-monthly, and I feel inspired to do so.
- Eating out is well worth it While on my first 2 whole30’s I was much more apprehensive about eating out, I definitely embraced it in this one. It’s easier to adapt meals at restaurants than I thought and worth it for 2 reasons; You get a break from prepping food; and you get to socialise.
- I love this feeling. Love, love, love, love, love.
Encouraged by the fact that I got through a whole30 and a blog30, I’m considering some other 30 day challenges – Yoga/HealthyMovement30 ; Sleep30 ; Photo30 ; Idea30. The possibilities are endless and I can’t wait to take on and own another challenge.
If you felt inspired by my whole30, I hope this encourages you to start your own and if you have any question, I’d love you to reach out in the comments!