In honour of Friday and stemming off of Tuesday’s post of celebrating non-food joys, I’m happily looking back at the past week and thinking of all the positives.
One of my friends got engaged, another got a distinction on completing her Masters, my nephew started big school and a beautiful wedding invitation came in the post.
So on that positive note, here’s a list of interesting, awesome or joyful non-food things I found/learned this week.
- There is a Film Festival on this weekend, hosted by The European Union in Barbados and admission is free. Details on their facebook page. I’m hoping to catch The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window. #sorrynotsorry
- The fact that the phrase “like a girl” is not an insult is a winning argument.
- You can make entire stories out of example sentences in the dictionary, and Jez Burrows has done just that.
- Watched this again yesterday, you can take the people out the Caribbean but you can’t take the Caribbean out the people.
- My cousin has helped turn Vauxhall into London’s next artistic hub.
- Has someone tried to make my mum’s phone cool, or has technology really come full circle?
Have a great weekend!